Saturday, June 13, 2009

I Told You So...

I'm sure there are more than of few of you who roll your eyes and shake your heads when I "read" the energy in my garden and correlate it to what's happening on the political front. I have to admit that it does sound kind of squirrely at first but if you've been reading this blog from time to time you've probably noticed that my assessments have a little meat on them.

Case in point: This week there was a political coup in the New York State Senate (go here for an overview of this story). The elements of this coup included a conspiracy to undermine the Democratic Party's majority control of the Senate, the element of surprise and a quick shift of power. Turncoat Democrats were instrumental in this turn of events.

Flashback now to one of my earlier posts, Mixed Blessings, and you will see the predictions I made based on my herbaceous "conversations". I referred to "familiar faces that will turn up in places where they haven't been before" (like Pedro Espada and Hiram Monserrate switching their political alliance), "forces at work seeking to undermine the changes taking place" (changes like the shift in senate control from Democrat to Republican), and "vestiges of the former administration that continue to drag down the progress of the present administration" (progress such as the possibility of passing a same-sex marriage bill). I warned that "nothing must be taken for granted" (like a Democratic majority in the NYS Senate) and that we must not allow ourselves to be "like the happy-go-lucky grasshopper who fiddles away during the good times" (the way Malcolm Smith fiddled on this Blackberry while Golisano waited to speak to him).

So maybe a lady who listens to the prattling of her plants is a little squirrely, but when the plants are this accurate, not listening to them is just plain nuts.

Ballo ergo sum
- Gitana, the Creative Diva

No comments:

Post a Comment